I have been receiving many emails regarding girl’s camps, here’s a brief update.
- We are not considering scheduling camps until at least until mid-June.
- If it is safe to hold camp(s) they wouldn’t be until the end of July or August.
- There are many changes we would need to implement in order to be safe and maintain social distancing.
- The C&C parks are not open to groups at this time.
- We really don’t have a firm answer yet.
I truly realize this is a difficult situation for everyone right now.
We are also discussing the possibility of online camp-like classes where the girls would have assignments they do as individuals outdoors and we share things in a video setting.
Obviously, it wouldn’t be surfing but it would involve learning pre-surf activities, confidence building, and outdoor challenges plus fun contests.
If you think your girl would like to do a fun online ocean-surfer-girl type learning class, please answer below and/or send me an email, firstname.lastname@example.org, if we have enough interest I will consider moving forward to get it started.
Sample of daily activities :
- ocean safety
- marine biology
- art projects
- making botanical-based products
- journal making and writing
Time commitment would be 1-2 hours a day for 2 weeks.
Please LMK what you think.
Please stay safe, mindful, restful, and healthy.